Monday, May 21, 2007

My first bourse!

This is my first stitchy finish since starting my blog and I'm so excited because I've at last made a bourse which I've been wanting to try for ages. I stitched this little gift for my Mum for her birthday today.


The design is 'Heartstrings' from The Cat's Whiskers. Stitched using the listed 32ct Antique White Belfast Linen and DMC threads. I also chose to use the four little Mill Hill pink heart treasures (instructions are given to back stitch the little heart shapes if you prefer). Full instructions for finishing are also included. Below is a picture of the bourse opened out flat. You can just make out the little heart treasures - there's one down each side.

12 comments:

Julie said...

i love this one Carol, it's so pretty, i hope you enjoyed it as much a i did

Sarah Youde said...

This is beautiful and even better IRL when you hold it in your hands. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Carol, your bourse is lovely! I'm sure your Mum will treasure it! I have no sewing skills and am envious of your achievement!

Stitchingranny said...

That is absolutely beautiful Carol, bet your Mum was thrilled with it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely finishing Carol, you are very talented. Elaine

Diana said...

That's so pretty, Carol. You've done a wonderful job.

Christine said...

That is really pretty, I'm sure your Mum will be thrilled.

Susimac said...

OOO Carol thats so pretty - I bet your mum just loves it!!

SheilasEmbroidery said...

A lovely present, it looks great, I've always liked that design

Karen said...

very pretty you did a wonderful job
hope you dont mind I added your link to my blog

Moreen said...

I really love my bourse thank you Carol its beautiful

Deb said...

Such a lovely bourse! I've never made one. Yours is so pretty, it tempts me to try!
Deb

Blog Widget by LinkWithin