Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bird & Flower Floss Ring Tag

It's not my first floss ring tag but it is my first with an eyelet following Staci's wonderful tutorial! I was going to use my Crop-A-Dile but instead used my Prym Vario Pliers for piercing both the hole and setting the eyelet and I have to say I think they did both jobs brilliantly. The pliers come with the attachments for piercing holes which can be removed to attach the appropriate fittings for setting eyelets, etc. The fittings are included in the Prym eyelet packs.



The design is Bird & Flower, a complimentary design from Chessie & Me currently in the May 2009 Stitchville USA newsletter. The May newsletter is still up on the Stitchville USA website but may not be for much longer. I've changed the fabric to 40ct Flax Newcastle Linen stitching 1 over 2 using the listed Gentle Art Sampler Threads. I added the tiny date with 1 over 1 backstitch.

Thanks again for popping by. :o)

post signature


24 comments:

Kim B said...

Gorgeous finish!

Nina said...

Adorable design, perfect finish :)

Michelle said...

Stunning piece.
Michelle x

Elisa said...

Lovely finish :)

Daffycat said...

Beautiful finish, Carol!

Sandrajay: said...

Lovely finish!

Melissa said...

Absolutely lovely! Thanks for sharing the link to this wonderful freebie. :)

Anonymous said...

That's such a lovely floss ring tag!! Thanks for the link!

Carol R said...

Beautiful finish Carol!

acereta said...

Beautiful pair!

Sarah said...

Lovely Carol, the eyelet looks great!

Karan said...

Another lovely finish. Just reminded me I want to stitch this. :0)

Lelia said...

Lovely!!! It turned out great

Iulia said...

lovely....compliments...Iulia

Susimac said...

Its gorgeous Carol, I have this printed and ready to stitch too LOL!

Julie said...

A very sweet finish

Becky K in OK said...

What a great finish. Thank's for the head's up on the design. It's in my hot hands now!

Cindy's Stitching said...

You do such nice work.

Moreen said...

This is so lovely Carol and your finishing is perfect.

Sherry said...

Wow! This is wonderful! You did a fantastic job on it!

Dovilė said...

cute:)

Olga said...

you have a beautiful blog, i enjoyed looking at your amazing stitching and wonderful finishes.
luv from olga. (uk)

Cserny Cherry Ildikó said...

I admired your blog, your crossstitch works and your photos! With admiration fills some sights. Congratulations!
Please visit onto my blog, and I ask you if you consider it worthy one mark it than constant reader.
with a greeting
Cherry

Marie H. said...

A wonderful idea, bravo!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin