Thursday, August 07, 2014

Another Little Pillow!

Like the little pillow in my previous post this one was also stitched last year, and again I have only now got around to finishing it.  I was so excited to win Forget Me Not Sampler by Mary Garry’s Sewing Cabin on Ebay at the beginning of last year, and wanted to start it straight away, but with these MG designs being hard to find I didn't want to risk having it sent to me in Dubai and it going missing in the mail!  I didn't want to have to wait until my next visit home to pick it up to bring back with me either, so had it sent to my Mum instead and asked her to scan and email me a working copy.  

The fabric I have used is 48ct Raw Gander Linen, stitched over two with the listed DMC threads.  I was due an eye test at the time, and knew I was needing a new prescription, so this was a bit struggle for me to stitch on the 48ct, and I will definitely be thinking twice in future before personalising over one on 48ct!  The darker fabric for finishing is from Blackbird Designs Blueberry Crumb Cake.  The leaflet also comes with a little pincushion design, which I will have to stitch one day too.


Thank you for popping by - I love to read your comments!  :)

post signature

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Splendide réalisation! Bravo carol! I like it ;-)

Sally said...

WOW 48 count! It is beautiful Carol. I do wish Mary Garry hadn't stopped designing!

Ele said...

wow! I am not sure I would ever dare trying 48ct!! Congratulations on a beautiful finish

Deanne J said...

It's lovely and the fabric you chose is perfect. Don't think I could ever stitch on 48 ct.

Evelyne said...

Hi Carol, I did some embroidery too, also on 48ct gander but I need magnifying-glass!
I love how your cushion turned out.
Beautiful as always!
Great cart.

Have a nice week,
Evelyne

Тavifa-stitch - Оксана said...

Чудесно!!! Красивая подушечка!

pj said...

Carol
I love this and MG charts are some of my very favorite!

Great finishing ideas on your blog.

Pam in Iowa

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How sweet is this darling little pillow!? pretty darling and sweet!!

Lelia said...

Lucky you to unearth a great find!! Job well done on the stitching, too. Mary Garry one of my favorites + was so sad to see her retire + her patterns so hard to come by

valerie said...

Beautiful finish Carol!

shirley flavell said...

A lovely finish and colours. I do admire the stitcheries you do and the finishes.Shirley N.Z.

Beth said...

You chose such lovely fabrics for your finish. It looks wonderful.

Thoeria said...

What a beautiful finish! I love your choice of fabrics to finish it ....offsets the design beautifully :)

Blu said...

Lovely finish! The fabrics suit the stitching perfectly.

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching and finishing. The fabrics are beautiful.

Yuko said...

Carol,

How talented lady you are!
I love everything you make, and this is so beautiful and elegant!
design is so lovely but your finishing is just perfect match!
Fabrics are perfect match!

Julie said...

48ct..wow...that really is eye boggling stuff. A delightful finish, such pretty fabrics you chose to use in making it up too.

HélèneGDL said...

Adorable one small pillow

Wanda said...

Wow! It is just beautiful! One day I will try to stitch something on a count higher than 40 just to see if I can do it. It is always so lovely to see your posts - your stitching and finishing are both gorgeous and inspiring.

elblogdesilvia said...

Beautiful!
http://www.elblogdesilvia.com/

Unknown said...

Hi Carol-Greetings from sunny Tracy California USA! I ran across your blog this morning and am so impressed with your stitching. It is absolutely lovely! I wish I could still stitch on higher than 40 count but alas my eyes say no more. May I ask...do you cross each stitch individually for every project or just over dyed thread? I am so particular about this and your stitches are so even.
I too am inspired!
Happy stitching!
ana

Алёна said...

Great work. I like very much what you make)) Welcome also in my blog about cross stitch)

Patty C. said...

I just love it !!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin