I've seen it's finished as a needlebook before, and have always thought it would be the perfect finish for it. For mine I rotated the top half of the design by 180 degrees, so that when the needlebook was closed the alphabet would be the right way round. And, as I often like to add another little accessory I've also made a scissor fob and pincushion to go with it.
I've stitched it one over two on 40ct Creme Brulee Linen from R & R Reproductions, using the listed Gentle Art Sampler Threads. The fabric for lining the needlebook, the pincushion and backing for the scissor fob is Madeira from Blackbird Designs. I've used silk ribbon for the needlebook and a piece of Weeks Dye Works wool felt for the needles. The pincushion is finished with a little chenille trim.
I'm so thrilled that at long last it's finished!